Xtinib 250 mg Tablet is used in the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer. It is used in patients in which it has spread to other parts of the body, who have abnormal epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) genes, and who have not had previous treatment for cancer.
Xtinib 250 mg Tablet can be taken with or without food, but better to have it same time every day for better results. You should continue to take it as long as your doctor advises for it.
The duration of treatment varies according to your need and response to treatment. You should take it exactly as your doctor has advised. Taking it in the wrong way or taking too much can cause very serious side effects.
It may take several weeks or months for you to see or feel the benefits but do not stop taking it unless your doctor tells you to. click here: Xtinib 250
most common side effects
The most common side effects of this medicine include nausea, rash, vomiting and weight loss. It may cause severe diarrhea, drink plenty of fluids or consult with your doctor if it bothers you.
It makes you sensitive towards sunlight, hence wear protective clothing or use sunscreen while going out.
In case you develop ulceration in mouth, changes in your vision, or breathing difficulties than it is better to inform the doctor. Your doctor may advise for regular monitoring of liver function while you are taking this medicine.
Many other medicines can affect, or be affected by, this medicine so let your healthcare team know all medications you are using. This medicine is not recommended during pregnancy or while breastfeeding.
The use of effective contraception by both males and females during treatment is important to avoid pregnancy. If you have to take an antacid or any other medicine, take it at a gap of at least 2 hours after taking the cancer medicine.
USES OF XTINIB TABLET
- Non-small cell lung cancer
BENEFITS OF XTINIB TABLET
In Non-small cell lung cancer
It is a potent and very toxic medicine and you should discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor. You should avoid drinking alcohol while having this treatment and drink plenty of water to stay hydrated
SIDE EFFECTS OF XTINIB TABLET
Common side effects of Xtinib
- Dry skin
- Loss of appetite
- Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth)
- Weight loss
HOW TO USE XTINIB TABLET
HOW XTINIB TABLET WORKS
Xtinib 250mg Tablet may make you feel weak. This may affect your driving ability.
WHAT IF YOU FORGET TO TAKE XTINIB TABLET?
- Xtinib 250mg Tablet helps treat non-small cell lung cancer that is locally advanced, or has spread to other areas of the body.
- Take it with or without food, preferably at the same time each day.
- Do not take antacids (to reduce the acid level of your stomach) 2 hours before or 1 hour after taking this medicine.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect. Drink plenty of fluids and inform your doctor if it doesn’t stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Use a reliable contraceptive method to prevent pregnancy while you are taking this medicine and for a month after you stop taking it.
- Inform your doctor if you develop ulceration in your mouth, changes in your vision or if you experience a worsening cough, shortness of breath, or breathing difficulties while taking this medicine.
- Your doctor may want you to have regular blood tests to monitor your liver function while you are having treatment with this medicine.