Xovoltib 50mg Tablet is used in the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer. It is used in the treatment of adult patients who have certain mutations of epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR).
Xovoltib 50mg Tablet should be taken on an empty stomach, but try to have it at the same time every day to get the most benefits. Your doctor will decide what dose is necessary and how often you need to take it. This will depend on what you are being treated for and may change from time to time. You should take it exactly as your doctor has advised. Taking it in the wrong way or taking too much can cause very serious side effects. It may take several weeks or months for you to see or feel the benefits but do not stop taking it unless your doctor tells you to.
Most common side effects
The most common side effects of this medicine include diarrhea, rash, dry skin, and nausea. Diarrhea can be serious sometimes so take medicine to treat it as prescribed by the doctor or stay hydrated. Your doctor may advise for some blood tests while you are taking this medicine. It may also make your skin sensitive to the sun, so use sunscreen and wear protective clothing if you have to be in sunlight. Inform your doctor if you notice pain or redness in the eye or dry eye.
Before taking it, tell your doctor if have a breathing problem, liver, or kidney problems, or are taking any medicines to treat infections. Many other medicines can affect, or be affected by, this medicine so let your healthcare team know all medications you are using. This medicine is not recommended during pregnancy or while breastfeeding. The use of effective contraception by females during treatment is important to avoid pregnancy. click here: Xovoltib 50mg
USES OF XOVOLTIB TABLET
- Non-small cell lung cancer
BENEFITS OF XOVOLTIB TABLET
In Non-small cell lung cancer
SIDE EFFECTS OF XOVOLTIB TABLET
Common side effects of Xovoltib
- Dry skin
- Loss of appetite
- Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth)
- Nail disorder
HOW TO USE XOVOLTIB TABLET
HOW XOVOLTIB TABLET WORKS
WHAT IF YOU FORGET TO TAKE XOVOLTIB TABLET?
- You have been prescribed Xovoltib Tablet for the treatment of certain type of lung cancer (non-small cell lung cancer).
- Take Xovoltib Tablet on an empty stomach at least 1 hour before a meal or 2 hours after a meal.
- Diarrhea is common with Xovoltib Tablet and may sometimes be severe. Your doctor may prescribe medicines to treat diarrhea. Stay hydrated and take this medicine exactly as directed.
- Xovoltib Tablet can make your skin sensitive to the sun. Limit your time in the sun. Use sunscreen and wear protective clothing if you have to be in sunlight.
- Xovoltib Tablet can cause redness, rash, and acne. Get treatment for skin reactions as soon as you notice them.
- Use a reliable contraceptive method to prevent pregnancy while you are taking this medicine and for a month after you stop taking it.
- Monitor your blood pressure regularly while taking this medication. Inform your doctor if you notice symptoms of very high blood pressure such as severe headache, confusion, problems with your eyesight, nausea or vomiting.
- Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
Q. Is Xovoltib 50mg Tablet an immunotherapy or chemotherapy?
Xovoltib Tablet is neither an immunotherapy nor a conventional chemotherapy. It belongs to kinase inhibitors class of anti-cancer medicines.
It works by blocking a group of proteins. These proteins are known to be involved in the growth and spread of cancer cells. By blocking the activity of these proteins, Xovoltib Tablet stops the cancer cells from growing and multiplying.
Q. How long does it take for Xovoltib 50mg Tablet to work?
Q. How should I take Xovoltib 50mg Tablet?
Xovoltib Tablet is taken by mouth without food, at least 1 hour before or 3 hours after meals. Swallow the complete tablet with water without crushing or breaking it.
Take this medicine once daily at about the same time each day. This will make it easier to remember to take this medicine. If you have difficulty in swallowing the tablet, dissolve it in a glass of water.