Vectibix Panitumumab Injection is used to treat cancer of colon and rectum. It helps to mark the cancer cells for destruction by the body’s immune system.
Vectibix Panitumumab Injection is given as an injection into veins under the supervision of doctor. Your doctor will decide what dose is necessary and how often you need to take it.
This will depend on what you are being treated for and may change from time to time. You should take it exactly as your doctor has advised.
Taking it in the wrong way or taking too much can cause very serious side effects. It may take several weeks or months for you to see or feel the benefits but do not stop taking it unless your doctor tells you to.
Most common side effects
The most common side effects of this medicine include nausea, vomiting, decreased magnesium level in blood, and insomnia. If these bother you or appear serious, let your doctor know.
There may be ways of reducing or preventing them. It makes you more sensitive towards sunlight, hence wear protective clothing or use sunscreen while using this medicine.
Many other medicines can affect, or be affected by, this medicine so let your healthcare team know all medications you are using.
This medicine is not recommended during pregnancy or while breastfeeding. The use of effective contraception by both males and females during treatment is important to avoid pregnancy.
Regular blood tests are required to check your blood cells along with heart, liver, and blood uric acid levels. click here: vectibix
USES OF VECTIBIX INJECTION
- Cancer of colon and rectum
BENEFITS OF VECTIBIX INJECTION
In Cancer of colon and rectum
SIDE EFFECTS OF VECTIBIX INJECTION
Common side effects of Vectibix
- Decreased magnesium level in blood
- Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
- Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth)
- Abdominal pain
- Decreased potassium level in blood
HOW TO USE VECTIBIX INJECTION
HOW VECTIBIX INJECTION WORKS
If patients experience treatment-related symptoms affecting their vision and/or ability to concentrate and react, it is recommended that they do not drive or use machines until the effect subsides.
WHAT IF YOU FORGET TO TAKE VECTIBIX INJECTION?
- Injection is given as an IV infusion under the supervision of a doctor.
- Do not skip any dose and complete the course as suggested by your doctor.
- Use an effective method of birth control to avoid pregnancy while taking this medication.
- It is advisable to stay hydrated during the treatment with this medication to prevent diarrhea and dehydration.
- Your doctor may get regular blood tests done to monitor your blood cell count (CBC), blood uric acid level, liver and kidney function.
Inform your doctor if you experience fever, chills, dry skin, shortness of breath and low blood pressure.
There are no reviews yet.