Restasis Ophthalmic (0.4ml each) is a medicine used for the treatment of dry eyes. It allows for increased tear production by decreasing inflammation (swelling) in the eye.
This keeps the eyes lubricated and reduces discomfort.
Never use Restasis Ophthalmic (0.4ml each) if the seal is broken before you use it for the first time. Wash your hands before using it and shake the bottle well before each use.
Make sure you remove contact lenses if you wear them and wait for at least 15 minutes before putting them back.
It can take several weeks before you notice an improvement in your dry eyes. Keep using it as prescribed.
Most common side effects
The most common side effects of this medicine are blurred vision and burning sensations in the eyes.
If your vision is blurred or you have other changes in sight for a time, do not drive until your vision is clear. This is usually a short-term side effect, inform your doctor if it bothers you.
It is not likely that other medicines you take by mouth or injection will affect the way it works.
Talk to your doctor before using Restasis Ophthalmic (0.4ml each) if you have used a similar medicine before and had an allergic reaction. Do not use this medicine if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. click here: Restasis Ophthalmic Emulsion
USES OF RESTASIS OPHTHALMIC EMULSION
BENEFITS OF RESTASIS OPHTHALMIC EMULSION
In Dry eyes
If they do not produce enough tears, they can become dry, red, and painful. Dry eyes can be caused by wind, sun, heating, computer use, and some medications.Restasis Ophthalmic (0.4ml each) keeps your eyes lubricated and can relieve any dryness and pain.
They will also help protect your eyes from injury and infection.
This medicine is safe to use with few side effects. If you wear soft contact lenses, you should remove them before applying the drops.
SIDE EFFECTS OF RESTASIS OPHTHALMIC EMULSION
Common side effects of Restasis
- Blurred vision
- Burning sensation in the eye
HOW TO USE RESTASIS OPHTHALMIC EMULSION
HOW RESTASIS OPHTHALMIC EMULSION WORKS
WHAT IF YOU FORGET TO TAKE RESTASIS OPHTHALMIC EMULSION?
- You have been prescribed Restasis Ophthalmic (0.4ml each) for the treatment of dry eyes.
- It helps your own eyes to naturally produce more tears.
- It can take several weeks before you notice an improvement in your dry eyes. Keep taking it as prescribed.
- Do not touch the tip of the dropper to any surface, or to your eye, to avoid contaminating the eye drops
- It does not work for everyone such as those with dry eyes from eye surgery, contact lenses, or thyroid problems.
- If you wear soft contact lenses, remove them before putting in these eye drops and wait at least 15 minutes before putting your lenses back in.
- It may cause a temporary burning sensation in the eye. Inform your doctor if this bothers you.
- It may cause short-term blurring of vision when first used. Use caution before driving or using machines.