Novomix 30 Flexpen 100IU/ml is a combination of two medicines used to improve blood sugar control in people with type 1 and type 2 diabetes mellitus.
It is a fast-acting type of insulin that helps to lower blood sugar levels after meals and reduce the chances of developing serious complications of diabetes.
Novomix 30 Flexpen 100IU/ml is normally prescribed along with a long-acting type of insulin or other diabetes medicines.
Your doctor or nurse will teach you the correct way of injecting it under the skin. It should be taken 15 minutes before a meal or within 20 minutes after starting a meal.
Check your blood sugar levels regularly, keep track of your results and share them with your doctor. This is very important to work out the correct dose of the medicine for you.
Most common side effect
The most common side effect of this medicine is low blood sugar levels (hypoglycemia). To prevent this, it’s important to always inject the correct dose of medicine only, have regular meals, and monitor your blood sugar levels regularly.
Drinking excessive alcohol can also lead to a fall in your blood sugar levels. Other side effects include allergy at the injection site like redness, swelling, or hard lumps (lipodystrophy).
Some people gain weight while taking insulin.
Some people may also notice itching and rash while taking it.
Do not use this medicine when you have low blood sugar levels (hypoglycemia).
Tell your doctor if you have ever had kidney, liver, or heart problems before starting treatment.
Pregnant or breastfeeding women should also consult their doctor as the dose may need to be changed.
USES OF NOVOMIX SUSPENSION FOR INJECTION
BENEFITS OF NOVOMIX SUSPENSION FOR INJECTION
Novomix 30 Flexpen 100IU/ml contains Insulin Aspart Protamine, which has a prolonged duration of action as well as Insulin Aspart, which has a fast onset of action.
Together, they ensure rapid and consistent sugar control that helps control blood sugar levels for an entire day.
Taking this medicine regularly along with proper diet and exercise will help you live a normal, healthy life. click here: Novomix 30
SIDE EFFECTS OF NOVOMIX SUSPENSION FOR INJECTION
Common side effects of Novomix
- Hypoglycemia (low blood glucose level)
HOW TO USE NOVOMIX SUSPENSION FOR INJECTION
HOW NOVOMIX SUSPENSION FOR INJECTION WORKS
Novomix 30 Flexpen 100IU/ml is a combination of two insulin preparations: Insulin aspart and insulin aspart protamine.
Insulin aspart has a fast onset of action while insulin aspart protamine has a prolonged duration of action.
Regular monitoring of blood glucose levels is recommended for dose adjustment.
Regular monitoring of glucose levels is recommended for dose adjustment.
WHAT IF YOU FORGET TO TAKE NOVOMIX SUSPENSION FOR INJECTION?
- Take it 15 minutes before a meal or within 20 minutes after starting a meal.
Injection below the skin of the abdomen results in faster absorption as compared to other injection sites such as skin of the upper arms, thighs, or buttocks. After injection, the site of injection should not be massaged.
- Injection sites must be rotated to prevent hard lumps from developing at one site.
- Change to another type or brand of insulin should be done under strict medical supervision as it may require a change in dosage.
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) may occur when taken along with other antidiabetic medicines, alcohol or on delaying/skipping a meal. Carry a sugar source with you for immediate relief.
- Do not share your insulin device with other people, even if the needle has been changed. You may give other people a serious infection or get a serious infection from them.
- Opened vials / cartridges stay good at room temperature for up to 4 weeks, while unopened vials must be placed in the refrigerator (2°C–8°C).