Always take LEVOCETRIZEN 5MG exactly as your doctor has told you. This medicine must be taken with or without food. Try to take this medicine at the same time each day. It should be swallowed whole with water. Do not crush or chew the medicine.
WHAT IF YOU FORGET TO TAKE LEVOCETRIZEN TABLET?
WARNING & PRECAUTIONS
LEVOCETRIZEN 5MG is not recommended for use in pregnant women unless necessary. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
levocetrizen 5mg is not recommended for use in breastfeeding women unless necessary. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
DRIVING AND USING MACHINES
Do not drive or operate machinery while taking this medicine, since it may cause drowsiness.
Consumption of alcohol is not recommended during treatment with LEVOCETRIZEN 5MG.
LEVOCETRIZEN 5MG is not recommended in patients with active kidney diseases. Before taking this medicine consult your doctor. Consult your doctor for advice.
LEVOCETRIZEN 5MG should be used with caution in patients suffering from liver function impairment or active liver diseases. Consult your doctor for advice.
Do not take LEVOCETRIZEN 5MG if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to cetirizine or any other ingredients in this medicine.
Tell your doctor if you have or had a condition such as,
- Problems passing urine (such as spinal cord problems or prostate or bladder problems)
- An epileptic patient or a patient at risk of convulsion
- Scheduled for allergy testing
- Rare hereditary problems of galactose intolerance, the lapp lactase deficiency or glucose-galactose malabsorption
- If you missed a dose of Levocetirizine at a given time, then take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not double your dose to make up for the missed dose.
- Never take more than the prescribed dose of Levocetirizine. If you suspect that you might have taken an overdose of this medicine, go to the emergency department of your local hospital.
|Therapeutic Indication||:||Hay fever and allergic reactions|
|Dosage Forms||:||Tablet, Capsule, Syrup|
Store below 20-25°C and keep out of reach of children.
Your doctor has prescribed Levocetrizen 5mg Tablet to help relieve allergy symptoms such as itching, swelling, and rashes.
As compared to other similar medications, it is much less likely to make you feel sleepy.
Be cautious while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as it can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
Do not drink alcohol while taking this medication as it may cause increased sleepiness.
Stop taking Levocetrizen 5mg Tablet at least three days before taking an allergy test as it can affect the test results.