What is LUPROLIDE DEPOT?
- LUPROLIDE DEPOT contains leuprolide which is a gonadotropin releasing hormone (GnRH) medicine
What LUPROLIDE DEPOT is used for?
LUPROLIDE DEPOT is used
- To treat children with central precocious puberty (CPP)
- For the palliative treatment of advanced prostate cancer in adults
- Tell your doctor if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines which includes medicines obtained without prescription and herbal medicines
Directions & For Use
- This medicine will be given by your doctor or nurse
- It is given as subcutaneous injection (under the skin)
- Injection site is usually on the abdomen, upper buttocks, or another location with adequate amounts of soft tissue
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
- Injection site reactions such as abscess
- Pain throughout body
- Acne or red, itchy, rash, and white scales (seborrhea)
- Serious skin rash (erythema multiforme)
- Mood changes
- Swelling of vagina (vaginitis), vaginal bleeding, and vaginal discharge
- Do not freeze LUPROLIDE DEPOT
- Allow the product to reach room temperature before mixing
- Once mixed, the product must be administered within 30 minutes or it should be discarded
- Store at temperature (2-8°C)
- Once outside the refrigerator this product may be stored in its original packaging at room temperature (15-30°C) for up to eight weeks prior to mixing and administration
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date
It is also used to treat endometriosis (endometrium of the uterus grows excessively and causes symptoms like pain, heavy or irregular periods), uterine fibroids and central precocious puberty (very early puberty).
Lupride Depot 3.75mg Injection is given as an injection under the skin by a qualified medical professional. Your doctor will decide what dose is necessary and how often you need to take it.
This will depend on what you are being treated for and may change from time to time. You should take it exactly as your doctor has advised.
Taking it in the wrong way or taking too much can cause very serious side effects. It may take several weeks or months for you to see or feel the benefits but do not stop taking it unless your doctor tells you to. click here : Lupride Depot
some very common side effects
The long-term use of medicine may cause weakened bones and a reduction in bone mineral density.You are advised to take vitamin D and calcium supplements while taking this medicine. It might cause menstrual periods to stop for a period of 7- 12 weeks, inform your doctor if menstrual bleeding continues even during the treatment.
Before taking this medicine, inform your doctor if you have a history of drinking alcohol, smoking, and osteoporosis.
Many other medicines can affect, or be affected by, this medicine so let your healthcare team know all medications you are using. This medicine is not recommended during pregnancy or while breastfeeding.
The use of effective contraception by both males and females during treatment is important to avoid pregnancy.
USES OF LUPRIDE INJECTION
- Treatment of Prostate cancer
- Treatment of Endometriosis
- Treatment of Uterine fibroids
- Treatment of Precocious puberty (premature puberty)
BENEFITS OF LUPRIDE INJECTION
In Treatment of Prostate cancer
Prostate gland is a small walnut-sized gland that produces a fluid called seminal fluid that nourishes and transports sperms in males.
The most common symptom of prostate cancer is difficulty with urination, but sometimes there are no symptoms at all.
Lupride Depot 3.75mg Injection decreases or stops the growth of cancer cells by decreasing the amount of testosterone (natural hormone in males) in men.
This also relieves difficulty in passing urine and makes it easier for you to urinate.
In Treatment of Endometriosis
Endometriosis is a condition where tissue like the lining of the womb starts to grow in other places. The main symptoms include pain in your lower stomach or back, period pain, pain during and after sex, constipation, diarrhea and feeling sick.
It can also make it difficult to get pregnant. Lupride Depot 3.75mg Injection works by preventing the lining of your womb and any endometriosis tissue from growing too quickly.
This will help relieve the symptoms you may have.
This medicine needs to be taken regularly to be effective and you may need other medicines or procedures to help control endometriosis.
In Treatment of Uterine fibroids
In Treatment of Precocious puberty (premature puberty)
When puberty (change of a child’s body to adult structure and size) begins before age 8 in girls and before age 9 in boys, it is considered precocious puberty.
Lupride Depot 3.75mg Injection helps delay this early onset of adulthood and limits the onset of precocious puberty.
However, this medicine is given by a doctor and should not be self-administered. Follow your doctor’s instructions carefully for the most benefit.
SIDE EFFECTS OF LUPRIDE INJECTION
Common side effects of Lupride
- Decreased libido
- Testicular atrophy
- Increased sweating
- Muscle weakness
- Erectile dysfunction
- Bone pain
- Injection site reaction
- Hot flashes
HOW TO USE LUPRIDE INJECTION
HOW LUPRIDE INJECTION WORKS
Lupride Depot 3.75mg Injection reduces the amount of sex hormones (testosterone in men and estrogen in women). It works by decreasing the blood levels of testosterone in males.
Lupride Depot 3.75mg Injection also acts by shutting off hormones made by the ovaries (female reproductive organs), so the estrogen (one of the hormones that causes females to have periods) level is lowered.
Do not drive or operate machinery if you experience drowsiness, dizziness or visual disturbances whilst being treated with Lupride Depot 3.75mg Injection.