Kelfer 500 Capsule is a medicine used in the treatment of chronic iron overload caused due to frequent blood transfusion. It helps removes excess iron and reduces the risk of it causing organ damage.
Kelfer 500 Capsule may be taken with or without food. Take it regularly at a fixed time each day to get the maximum benefit of the medicine. Take it as long as the doctor has prescribed it. Do not stop taking the medicine unless the full course is completed.
The most common side effects of Kelfer 500 Capsule include nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, and urine discoloration. If any of these side effects bother you or if you experience any other symptoms which you think is due to the medicine, inform your doctor. Click Here: kelfer
USES OF KELFER CAPSULE
- Treatment of Iron overload
BENEFITS OF KELFER CAPSULE
In Treatment of Iron overload
Iron overload, as the name suggests, means excess of iron in the human body. Too much iron can cause organ damage, which can lead to conditions such as cancer, irregular heartbeat and cirrhosis of the liver. Symptoms are related to conditions that arise from iron overload such as high blood sugar levels (diabetes), darkening of the skin, abnormal heart rhythm or arthritis.
By using Kelfer 500 Capsule, this excess of iron can be decreased to safe levels by removing it from the body through stools.
This helps to reduce the risk of organ damage and prevents further complications. Take Kelfer 500 Capsule as prescribed by the doctor to get the maximum benefit.
SIDE EFFECTS OF KELFER CAPSULE
Common side effects of Kelfer
- Abdominal pain
- Urine discoloration
HOW TO USE KELFER CAPSULE
HOW KELFER CAPSULE WORKS
Regular monitoring of kidney function tests is advised in these patients while taking this medicine.
Regular monitoring of liver function tests is advised in patients with liver disease while taking this medicine.
WHAT IF YOU FORGET TO TAKE KELFER CAPSULE?
If you miss a dose of Kelfer Capsule, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
- Kelfer Capsule is used to reduce excess iron from the body.
- Kelfer Capsule may cause your urine to turn a red/brown color. This is the iron being removed from your body and is nothing for you to worry about as it is quite harmless.
- Inform your doctor if you also have upper stomach pain, clay-colored stools, or jaundice (yellowing of your skin or the whites of your eyes).
- If you are taking any antacid, take them 2 hours before or after Kelfer Capsule.
- In order to prevent nausea, try taking Kelfer Capsule after eating some food.