most common side effects
The most common side effect of this medicine is low blood sugar levels (hypoglycemia). To prevent this, it’s important to always inject the correct dose of medicine only, have regular meals, and monitor your blood sugar levels regularly. Drinking excessive alcohol can also lead to a fall in your blood sugar levels. Other side effects include allergy at the injection site like redness, swelling, or hard lumps (lipodystrophy). Some people may also notice itching and rash while taking it.
Do not use this medicine when you have low blood sugar levels (hypoglycemia). Tell your doctor if you have ever had kidney, liver or heart problems before starting treatment. Pregnant or breastfeeding women should also consult their doctor as the dose may need to be changed.
USES OF HUMALOG MIX SUSPENSION FOR INJECTION
BENEFITS OF HUMALOG MIX SUSPENSION FOR INJECTION
SIDE EFFECTS OF HUMALOG MIX SUSPENSION FOR INJECTION
Common side effects of Humalog Mix
- Hypoglycemia (low blood glucose level)
- Weight gain
- Infusion site reaction
- Auto-antibody formation
HOW TO USE HUMALOG MIX SUSPENSION FOR INJECTION
HOW HUMALOG MIX SUSPENSION FOR INJECTION WORKS
Regular monitoring of blood glucose levels is recommended for dose adjustment.
Regular monitoring of glucose levels is recommended for dose adjustment.
WHAT IF YOU FORGET TO TAKE HUMALOG MIX SUSPENSION FOR INJECTION?
- Take it 15 minutes before a meal or within 20 minutes after starting a meal.
- Injection below the skin of the abdomen results in faster absorption as compared to other injection sites such as skin of the upper arms, thighs, or buttocks. After injection, the site of injection should not be massaged.
- Injection sites must be rotated to prevent hard lumps from developing at one site.
Change to another type or brand of insulin should be done under strict medical supervision as it may require a change in dosage.
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) may occur when taken along with other antidiabetic medicines, alcohol or on delaying/skipping a meal. Carry a sugar source with you for immediate relief.
- Do not share your insulin device with other people, even if the needle has been changed. You may give other people a serious infection or get a serious infection from them.
- Opened vials / cartridges stay good at room temperature for up to 4 weeks, while unopened vials must be placed in the refrigerator (2°C–8°C).