Ganfort Eye Drop is a combination of two medicines used to treat pressure in the eyes (ocular hypertension) and glaucoma.
It works by decreasing the pressure of fluid in the eye (aqueous humor), which helps in lowering the increased eye pressure.
Ganfort Eye Drop is to be used only in the affected eye in the dose and duration as advised by the doctor. Wash your hands before using this medicine.
Check the label thoroughly for directions before use. Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. click here: Ganfort Eye Drop
Most common side effects
The most common side effects include burning, irritation, itching, and redness at the application site. If these side effects persist for a longer duration, inform your doctor.
In case by accident, this medicine goes into your ears, nose, or mouth, immediately rinse it with plenty of water.
Inform your doctor if you have a known allergy to any of the ingredients of this medicine.
It is advised not to drive or operate heavy machinery after the use of this medicine as it may cause temporary blurring of vision and may affect your ability to drive.
USES OF GANFORT EYE DROP
- Treatment of Glaucoma
- Treatment of Ocular hypertension
BENEFITS OF GANFORT EYE DROP
In Treatment of Glaucoma
Ganfort Eye Drop is used to reduce swelling and pressure inside the eye. This helps prevent complications of glaucoma such as blindness and improves the vision.
This medicine may be used alone or with other eye drops. Glaucoma cannot be prevented. Frequent monitoring, regular checkups can help detect the disease in its early stages.
In Treatment of Ocular hypertension
Ganfort Eye Drop increases the flow of fluid from inside the eye into the bloodstream thereby lowering the increased eye pressure.
This prevents further damage or complications such as a change in vision or even loss of vision. You should only use Ganfort Eye Drop in the affected eye and take it regularly as prescribed by your doctor.
SIDE EFFECTS OF GANFORT EYE DROP
Common side effects of Ganfort
- Application site reactions (burning, irritation, itching and redness)
- Blurred vision
HOW TO USE GANFORT EYE DROP
HOW GANFORT EYE DROP WORKS
WHAT IF YOU FORGET TO TAKE GANFORT EYE DROPS?
- You have been prescribed Ganfort Eye Drop to lower high pressure in the eye and reduce the risk of vision loss.
- Apply pressure on the corner of the eye (close to the nose) for about 1 minute, immediately after instilling the drop.
- If you wear soft contact lenses, remove them before putting in these eye drops and wait at least 15 minutes before putting your lenses back in.
- Do not touch the tip of the dropper to any surface, or to your eye, to avoid contaminating the eye drops.
- It may cause short-term blurring of vision when first used. Use caution before driving or using machines.
- It may temporarily cause your eyelashes to grow longer, darker, and thicker. This is not harmful.
- It may cause brown pigmentation of the eye when used long-term. This may be permanent but is not harmful.
- Make sure to use within 4 weeks of opening the bottle.
What are GANFORT eye drops used for?
GANFORT 0.3/5 eye drops are used to lower raised pressure in the eye and to treat glaucoma. Glaucoma is a condition in which the pressure of fluid in the eye may be high. However, some people with glaucoma may have normal eye pressure. Glaucoma is usually caused by a build-up of the fluid which flows through the eye.
When is the best time to use GANFORT drops?
Posology Recommended dosage in adults (including older people) The recommended dose is one drop of GANFORT single-dose in the affected eye(s) once daily, administered either in the morning or in the evening. It should be administered at the same time each day.
Is GANFORT good for glaucoma?
GANFORT eye drops are used to treat high pressure in the eye in adults, including the elderly. This high pressure can lead to glaucoma. Your doctor will prescribe you GANFORT when other eye drops containing beta-blockers or prostaglandin analogs have not worked sufficiently on their own.