Femilon Tablet is a combination of two medicines used for contraception (to prevent pregnancy) and in the treatment of irregular periods.
It helps to prevent the release of the egg and its fertilization by the sperm. It may also help to reduce the risk of ovarian cancer.
Femilon Tablet can be taken with or without food, but take it at the same time to get the most benefit.
It should be taken as per your doctor’s advice.
You will have to take the pill on day one of your menstrual cycle and continue taking it for a whole month.
Once the pack gets over, start with a new one. If you experience vomiting within 4 hours of dose intake, take another tablet.
In case you missed your dose and you are late by 12 hours in taking the missed dose, use a condom during intercourse for a period of 2 days. click here: Femilon Tablet
some commonly seen side effects
Nausea, headache, breast pain, and weight gain are some commonly seen side effects of this medicine. If these bother you or appear serious, let your doctor know.
There may be ways of reducing or preventing them. You might experience spotting or bleeding between menstrual periods or missed periods.
Consult with your doctor if this occurs frequently or persists longer.
Inform your doctor if you notice swelling and pain in your limbs, shortness of breath, chest pain, or changes in vision, as it may be a sign of a blood clot.
Before taking this medicine, let your doctor know if you smoke and are over 35, or if you have ever had a heart attack or have cancer of the uterus/cervix, or vagina.
Your doctor should also know about all other medicines you are taking as many of these may make this medicine less effective or change the way it works.
Do not take the medicine if you are pregnant already or breastfeeding. You might be asked for a regular check-up of blood pressure, cholesterol, and blood sugar level while on treatment.
USES OF FEMILON TABLET
BENEFITS OF FEMILON TABLET
Femilon Tablet is a contraceptive medicine that stops you from getting pregnant.
It prevents an egg from being released from your ovaries and also decreases movement of sperms.
This affects the fertilisation process and prevents it.
Femilon Tablet is a reliable and safe method for contraception, if used correctly.
It does not interrupt with sex and you can lead a normal routine life without any worries.
Take it as directed by the doctor to get the most benefit.
SIDE EFFECTS OF FEMILON TABLET
Common side effects of Femilon
- Stomach pain
- Irregular uterine bleeding
- Weight gain
- Breast pain
HOW TO USE FEMILON TABLET
HOW FEMILON TABLET WORKS
Nonhormonal and progestin-only contraceptives are preferred in breastfeeding women, especially during the first 4 weeks postpartum
Use of Femilon Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe liver disease and active liver disease.
WHAT IF YOU FORGET TO TAKE FEMILON TABLET?
- Your doctor has prescribed Tablet to help you prevent pregnancy.
- It also results in lighter, less painful, and more regular menstrual bleeding.
- It may help reduce the risk of ovarian cancer.
- Take your pill at the same time every day to help you remember to take it.
- You may experience menstrual irregularities such as spotting or bleeding between menstrual periods or missed periods. Consult your doctor if this persists.
Do not use Femilon Tablet if you are obese, over 35, smoke, on prolonged bed rest, or have a history of blood clots.
- Stop taking this medicine and inform your doctor immediately if you notice unexplained swelling and pain in your limbs, shortness of breath, chest pain, severe headache, or changes in vision.
- These could be symptoms of a blood clot in a vein.
- Stop taking Tablet and inform your doctor immediately if you notice your skin and whites of the eye turning yellow (jaundice), severe stomach pain, severe depression or if you think you could be pregnant.
There are no reviews yet.