Avil NU 10 mg Tablet belongs to a group of medicines called antihistamines. It is used to treat various allergic conditions such as hay fever, conjunctivitis and some skin reactions, and reactions to bites and stings. It relieves watery eyes, runny nose, sneezing, and itching.
avil nu 10 mg tablet can be taken with or without food. The dose required for you may vary depending on what you are taking it for. This medicine is usually taken in the evening but follow the advice of your doctor on how to take it. You may need this medicine only on days you have symptoms, but if you are taking it to prevent symptoms you should take it regularly. If you miss doses or stop taking it earlier than advised, your symptoms may come back.
This medicine is generally very safe. The most common side effects include feeling sleepy or dizzy. These are usually mild and go away after a couple of days as your body adjusts. Consult your doctor if any of the side effects persist or worry you. You should avoid alcohol while taking this medicine.
Before taking it, tell your doctor if you have any kidney problems or epilepsy. Your dose may need to be modified or this medicine may not be suitable. Some other medicines can interact with this medicine so let your healthcare team know what else you are taking. You should also talk to your doctor before using this medicine if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, although it is not thought to be harmful.
Read More: avil nu 10 mg
USES OF AVIL NU
- Relieve the symptoms of hay fever and other allergic conditions such as sneezing, runny or itchy nose or for skin rashes such as chronic nettle rash, idiopathic urticaria
HOW AVIL NU WORKS
AVIL NU works by blocking the effects of histamine, which may be overproduced in allergic reactions which causes unpleasant symptoms such as itchy or watery eyes, running or blocked nose, sneezing and skin rashes.
HOW TO USE AVIL NU TABLET
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Always take AVIL NU exactly as your doctor has told you. This medicine must be taken with or without food. Try to take this medicine at the same time each day. It should be swallowed whole with water. Do not crush or chew the medicine.
SIDE EFFECTS OF AVIL NU
- Allergic reactions (including sudden wheeziness, difficulty in breathing, rash itchiness and fever), swollen throat, face, eyelids or lips(angioedema)
- Convulsions (fits)
- Thoughts about committing suicide
- Bruising or bleeding more easily than normal
- Somnolence (sleepiness)
- Dizziness, headache
- Diarrhoea, nausea, dry mouth
- Pharyngitis, cold-like symptoms of the nose (children only)
- Depression, hallucination (hearing or seeing thing), aggression, confusion, sleeplessness
- Abnormal liver function test results
- Urticaria (hives)
- Oedema (generalised swelling due to water retention)
- Weight increased
HOW TO MANAGE SIDE EFFECTS
Get up and move around to feel awake, take small naps to edge off the sleepiness. Give your eyes a break to avoid fatigue and eat a healthy food to boost energy.
Apply hot or cold-water bag on your head. Take rest in a quiet and dark room. Drink tea or coffee.
Drink lot of fluid such as water or squash, to avoid dehydration. Do not take any other medicines without talking to a doctor.
Try taking this medicine with, or just after, a meal or snack and stick to simple meals and do not eat rich or spicy food.