Alphagan Z Ophthalmic Solution is a combination of two medicines used in the treatment of glaucoma. It decreases the fluid (aqueous humor) production in the eye which relieves the pressure in the eye. This way it relieves the symptom and speeds up the healing.
Alphagan Z Ophthalmic Solution is to be used only in the affected eye in the dose and duration as advised by the doctor.
Wash your hands before using this medicine. It is advised to check the label for directions before use. Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
Most common side effects
The most common side effects include itching, stinging, redness, and burning sensation at the site of application, and foreign body sensation.In case of accidental contact with your ears, nose, or mouth, immediately rinse it with water.
Inform your doctor if you have a known allergy to any of the ingredients in this medicine or if you are taking any other medication.
It is advised not to drive or operate heavy machinery immediately after using this medicine as it may cause temporary blurring of vision and may affect your ability to drive. click here: Alphagan
USES OF ALPHAGAN Z OPHTHALMIC SOLUTION
- Treatment of Glaucoma
BENEFITS OF ALPHAGAN Z OPHTHALMIC SOLUTION
In Treatment of Glaucoma
SIDE EFFECTS OF ALPHAGAN Z OPHTHALMIC SOLUTION
Common side effects of Alphagan Z
- Blurred vision
- Dryness in mouth
- Conjunctival hyperemia
- Eye itching
- Burning sensation
- Follicular conjunctivitis
- Allergic reaction in eye
- Eyelid inflammation
- Corneal erosion
- Dry eye
- Visual disorder
- Taste change
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Conjunctival blanching
- Gastrointestinal discomfort
- Stinging sensation
HOW TO USE ALPHAGAN Z OPHTHALMIC SOLUTION
HOW ALPHAGAN Z OPHTHALMIC SOLUTION WORKS
WHAT IF YOU FORGET TO TAKE ALPHAGAN Z OPHTHALMIC SOLUTION?
- Alphagan Z Ophthalmic Solution is a combination of two medicines that lowers high pressure in the eye and reduces the risk of vision loss.
- Apply pressure on the corner of the eye (close to the nose) for about 1 minute, immediately after instilling the drop.
- If you wear soft contact lenses, remove them before putting in these eye drops and wait at least 15 minutes before putting your lenses back in.
- Do not touch the tip of the dropper to any surface, or to your eye, to avoid contaminating the eye drops.
- Wait for at least 5-10 minutes before delivering the next medication in the same eye to avoid dilution.
- It may cause short term blurring of vision when first used. Use caution before driving or using machines.
- It may cause temporary burning or itching sensation in the eye. Inform your doctor if this does not go away.
- Make sure to use within 4 weeks of opening the bottle.
How long does it take for this medicine to take effect?
The peak effect of Alphagan Z Ophthalmic Solution can be observed at 2 hours after administration of the dose.
How long do the effects of this medicine last?
The effect of Alphagan Z Ophthalmic Solution lasts for an average duration of 12 hours.
Is it safe to consume alcohol while taking this medicine?
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. It is advisable to consult your doctor before consumption.
Is this a habit-forming medicine?
No habit-forming tendency has been reported for Alphagan Z Ophthalmic Solution.
Can this medicine be taken during pregnancy?
Alphagan Z Ophthalmic Solution is generally not recommended for use in pregnant women as not enough studies are done to understand its safety. This medicine is prescribed by your doctor only when the potential benefits outweigh the risks.
Can this medicine be taken while breast-feeding?
Alphagan Z Ophthalmic Solution is not recommended in breastfeeding women as it is not known if this medicine passes into breast milk or not. Consult your doctor if you are breastfeeding.