Alphagan P Eye Drop is a combination of two medicines used in the treatment of glaucoma.
It decreases the fluid (aqueous humor) production in the eye which relieves the pressure in the eye.
This way it relieves the symptom and speeds up the healing.
Alphagan P Eye Drop is to be used only in the affected eye in the dose and duration as advised by the doctor.
Wash your hands before using this medicine.
It is advised to check the label for directions before use.
Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
Most common side effects
The most common side effects include itching, stinging, redness, and burning sensation at the site of application, and foreign body sensation.
In case of accidental contact with your ears, nose, or mouth, immediately rinse it with water.
Inform your doctor if you have a known allergy to any of the ingredients in this medicine or if you are taking any other medication.
It is advised not to drive or operate heavy machinery immediately after using this medicine as it may cause temporary blurring of vision and may affect your ability to drive. click here: Alphagan P Eye Drop
USES OF ALPHAGAN P EYE DROP
- Treatment of Glaucoma
BENEFITS OF ALPHAGAN P EYE DROP
In Treatment of Glaucoma
Alphagan P Eye Drop is used to reduce swelling and pressure inside the eye.This helps prevent complications of glaucoma such as blindness and improves vision. This medicine may be used alone or with other eye drops.
Glaucoma cannot be prevented. Frequent monitoring, and regular checkups can help detect the disease in its early stages.
SIDE EFFECTS OF ALPHAGAN P EYE DROP
Common side effects of Alphagan P
- Blurred vision
- Dryness in mouth
- Conjunctival hyperemia
- Eye itching
- Burning sensation
- Follicular conjunctivitis
- Allergic reaction in eye
- Eyelid inflammation
- Corneal erosion
- Dry eye
- Visual disorder
- Taste change
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Conjunctival blanching
- Gastrointestinal discomfort
- Stinging sensation
HOW TO USE ALPHAGAN P EYE DROP
This medicine is for external use only. Use it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use.
Hold the dropper close to the eye without touching it. Gently squeeze the dropper and place the medicine inside the lower eyelid. Wipe off the extra liquid.
HOW ALPHAGAN P EYE DROP WORKS
Alphagan P Eye Drop is a combination of two medicines: Brimonidine and Stabilized Oxychloro. Brimonidine is a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor.
It works by decreasing the production of aqueous humor (fluid in the eye), thereby lowering the increased eye pressure. Stabilized Oxychloro is a preservative.
WHAT IF YOU FORGET TO TAKE ALPHAGAN P EYE DROP?
- Alphagan P Eye Drop is a combination of two medicines that lowers high pressure in the eye and reduces the risk of vision loss.
- Apply pressure on the corner of the eye (close to the nose) for about 1 minute, immediately after instilling the drop.
- If you wear soft contact lenses, remove them before putting in these eye drops and wait at least 15 minutes before putting your lenses back in.
- Do not touch the tip of the dropper to any surface, or to your eye, to avoid contaminating the eye drops.
- Wait for at least 5-10 minutes before delivering the next medication in the same eye to avoid dilution.
- It may cause short term blurring of vision when first used. Use caution before driving or using machines.
- It may cause temporary burning or itching sensation in the eye. Inform your doctor if this does not go away.
- Make sure to use within 4 weeks of opening the bottle.
What is Alphagan P eye drops used for?
This medication is used to treat open-angle glaucoma or high fluid pressure in the eye. Lowering high fluid pressure in the eye reduces the risk of vision loss, nerve damage, or blindness.
What does the P in Alphagan P stand for?
The main difference between Alphagan P 1.5 and Alphagan is the preservative; Alphagan P 1.5 contains ‘purite’ (hence the ‘P’) whereas Alphagan contains benzalkonium chloride.
Your doctor may have prescribed Alphagan P 1.5 eye drops for another reason.
How long does it take Alphagan P to work?
The prescription version of brimonidine (Alphagan P) typically lowers eye pressure within 2 to 3 hours, but may not provide consistent results for a few weeks.
Your eye pressure is best controlled if you use this medication 3 times a day every day.